Every pupil at Lea Community Primary School matters, we are committed to the development and progress of every individual. We recognise that a number of our pupils are gifted or talented in certain areas. Our curriculum looks to offer every opportunity to enhance these talents and gifts through a broad curriculum with many extracurricular opportunities.
Our policy clearly states our aims;
- To identify children who are more able and signpost them to opportunities to develop their skills and talents.
- To recognise those pupils who may have potential but are currently underachieving.
- To support teachers in recognising the wide range of pupils’ talents and abilities.
- To support and encourage the development of alternative approaches to teaching and learning which engage, extend and challenge able and talented pupils at a level appropriate to this ability.
- To provide support and challenge in the classroom, within an ethos of high expectations.
- To provide professional development opportunities for teachers and support staff.
- To encourage a dialogue between parents, staff and pupils in respect of pupils’ talents, abilities and needs.
- To provide opportunities outside of our own school setting for children who are more able.
AGT Dance Showcase at Burnely Mechanics Theatre
A group of our AGT dancers represented our school at the Burnley's Gotta Dance show on 23/11/23. We couldn't be prouder of the group who attended as they showed real determination, courage and resilience during their show alongside some outstanding talent.